American Military University‘s criminal justice program director, Dr. Chuck Russo, is a former background investigator with extensive experience processing law enforcement applications. In the video below, he shares the top three things agencies look for when hiring an officer, the most common mistakes applicants make, and how they can prepare for the in-person interview.
Learn more about nailing your law enforcement application and demonstrating that you’re the best candidate for the job:
For more information on applying for a job in law enforcement, check out the resources below:
- Become a Police Officer: What to Know Leading up to an Interview
- Getting Hired as an Officer: The Interview
- Demystifying the Background Investigation Process: What You Can Expect When Applying for a Law Enforcement Job
- How a Mobile Application Team Can Improve Officer Recruitment
- Recruiting Tomorrow’s Police Officers